caring for your soy candle
There are a few main rules that apply when burning and looking after your beautiful soy candle.
- Always burn the candle long enough for the wax to melt all the way to the outside of the jar. Otherwise, a downward tunnel will be created in the wax. This will be very hard to correct and will significantly decrease the burn time of your candle.
- Allowing the wax to melt to the outside of the jar allows maximum fragrance-throw from the candle
- Ensure the flame is centred, so the wax is not melting more on one side than the other. If the wick has bent over, push it back into the centre, using something long and non-flammable.
- It is advisable to trim your wick from the previous burn before re-lighting, particularly if there is any "mushrooming" at the top of the wick. This will reduce the soot created from the wick (the wax itself does not produce any soot). Trim to 0.5 - 1cm length.
- Be careful not to over trim or the flame won't be large enough to melt the wax to the edge again.
- Any soot created from the wick can be wiped off the jar once the flame has been extinguished.
- Extinguish the flame by pushing the lid back on the jar rather than blowing it out. This means the fragrance in the room won't be ruined by the smell of smoke from the wick.